We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

14.7.18

Failure of Discourse



Failure of Discourse

When a youngish John Travolta on TV,
in a doco about Scientology, asks,
“Where else can I find a religion
whose primary goal is joy?” 
I laugh, and reply out loud, 
“Ever heard of Paganism?” 
but of course he can’t hear 
through the screen.


Sharing at The Tuesday Platform for 17 July 2018 at 'imaginary garden with real toads'. 

6 comments:

  1. This is perfect, Rosemary. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish he could! 💜 This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *snorting with laughter* ....

    I wonder what his thoughts might be now? (actually, I don't - some people can't see the cult for the grass) ....

    love the snark Rosemary ... and yeah, take off yer shoes and go walk barefoot in the outdoors - and soak that in .... that should bring enough joy to outlast this life and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I have more good conversation, when talking to the television. Alas, it's one way deal. As for Mr. Travolta, he's a lost cause, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!