We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

5.10.24

Hospital Haiku, part 2


home from hospital …

my phone starts recognising 

my face again 


27/9/24



not a lap cat

but after my absence

lingers there


28/9/24



four days home

I manage to shower

at last


29/9/24



convalescence –

lost in the limbo

of all this rest


*


all my life 

the same navel –

now scar-changed


1/10/24


No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!