We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

15.7.21

Shorts: a variety

Shorts: a variety


I kiss my cat

no social distance

we rub faces


senryu 17/6/21



Orange

bursts out

from winter vines:

trumpet flowers bloom suddenly

hot.


elfchen 12/7/21


I still call on you

sometimes when I need help 

but do you have time

now you’re busy working

as one of the angels?

 

tanka 13/7/21



winter morning –

my cat runs up and down

small paws thumping


haiku 13/7/21



 In the latest Weekly Scribblings at Poets and Storytellers United, Magaly recently invited us to try one of several designated micro-poetry forms. Enthusiastically, I tried them all! Then I checked and found she wanted just ONE piece. I gave her the one I liked best, my American sentence.


Here, for Writers' Pantry #79, are all the others.  (Good not to share them immediately. I've had time to tweak a bit.)


In case you wondered: Yes, the first one was written last month; we were allowed 'recent' and I hoped that was recent enough to count. Sharing them now in the Pantry instead, no such restrictions apply.


14 comments:

  1. Well, I do like that first one! Benny, one of my cats, waits on the dryer while I shower, so as soon as I get out, and after I dry my face, we can butt heads and touch noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago I was quite hooked on writing haiku and haibun. How lucky we are to have such a vast range of poetic forms to try out. Let's hope we manage to find our loved ones when it is time for a rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely micros
    Happy Sunday

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are great but I esp. love the trumpet flowers hotness in the winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet mix. My Picasso Moon poem was written while looking at the June Crescent Moon with a tilted disembodied like smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Calling for help and not getting it can be a disheartening experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a treat to read all the 5 micropoetry works.
    i can relate with the tanka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the queen of micropoetry, Rosemary. I've long admired your penchant for saying much with few words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the juicy bits of life in each peace. The elfchen especially seemed like a perfect marriage of form and words. The tanka also made me sigh a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo of the winter orange vine. This was my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are all beautiful, but i especially like the second one, the elfchen, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mistress of 'short form' I bow down to you! These are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I agree with Helen. I like the elfchen but the tanka hits closer to the heart right now. "One of the angels" - I can name several that I miss.
    Thank you, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!