On earth we’re briefly gorgeous,
before declining into beautiful ruins.
After the unbearable lightness
of being blithely unaware
that something wicked this way comes,
we must evade the forest of hands and teeth
choosing instead what feels like one hundred
years of solitude. No love in the time of cholera!
For Friday Writings #238 at Poets and Storytellers United, Magaly invites us to include in our writing an intriguing book title. She gives us these examples:
1. Beautiful Ruins
2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth
3. On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous
4. The Unbearable Lightness of Being
5. Love in the Time of Cholera
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
7. One Hundred Years of Solitude
I decided to be a smart-arse and use them all, but the only subject which seemed at all plausible for such a combination turned out to be the one I've used as my title.
Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteThank you. Perhaps it's not so very different from your beloved wordles.
DeleteAh very clever using them all
ReplyDeleteOh well, it was a bit of fun.
DeleteClever use of the titles. Glad I read this....As a wordle fan ...I was going to do this ...now will do something different:)
ReplyDeleteBut I thought you DID do this! Using all the titles, I mean. (I went to the link you labelled as correct!) But you did weave more of a story around them than I did.
DeleteWell done. Its fun to make sense out of random sentences but definitely not easy..
ReplyDeleteThank you, and yes I agree with both parts of your statement.
DeleteClever mention of all the titles.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteNow, you have really gone overboard.
ReplyDeleteBut in a masterful, coherent way. Well-crafted piece. 😄
Thank you, friend. Nice to 'see' you.
DeletePlayfully clever!
ReplyDeleteThat's a kind opinion! Thank you
Deleteeric here. great one, using all of them!
ReplyDeleteThanks, eric.
DeleteClever and fun! I love the "beautiful ruins".
ReplyDeleteExploring the book titles! Absolutely brilliant, Rosemary! Wow!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sumana.
DeleteOf those titles, I have, in the far past, read only the last two (and wonderful books they were!) but the others I'm not at all familiar with – although I had heard of #4 as a movie title, and #5 as a book. They are all such intriguing and memorable phrases, I couldn't resist trying to use the lot.