We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

25.8.26

Protest


These days (elderly) 

I no longer march.

Instead I email politicians.

They reply, promptly and 

non-comittally.


I post things on facebook too –

things I read and agree with.

They seldom get any response

though my friends are like-minded.


Has everyone finally

succumbed to despair?



Written for dVerse Quadrille #354: I Protest. 




2 comments:

  1. Your protest is implied not stated
    Thanks for dropping by my blog

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is stated in the title. I was hoping that would be enough. But it's true the poem does deal more with the decline of protest – and perhaps may be seen as protesting against that.
      Thanks, Gillena. Love to you too.

      Delete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!