The peace talks with Iran have broken down again –
but the President is sounding confident and looking well.
Predictions promise the hottest summer on record yet –
but at least my little cat didn’t live to suffer through it.
The rising prices can’t be stopped or even slowed –
but I exercise less these days, so my appetite is smaller.
See, it doesn’t matter how bad things are –
you can ‘always look on the bright side of life!’
Though the world is breaking down in front of our eyes –
I’m already 86. With luck, I’ll be dead by then.
Written for Friday Writings #247 at Poets and Storytellers United, where we are invited to take a negative concept and turn it into something positive. This jaundiced little piece is not at all what Magaly had in mind! Normally I would applaud, emulate and endorse her commitment to genuine reframing, but – apologies, dear readers – this time I was caught in a despairingly cynical mood.

No comments:
Post a Comment
DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!