We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

3.12.19

Tagllock


Taglock

I tag you by your fingernail clippings,
lock them into the folds of a small doll,
hidden from sight, and cast my spells.

Wicked witch? No, it’s a healing 
I am bringing about for you
by means of this magical connection.

Secretive? No again. You knew.
You willingly gave them to me, 
these cast off pieces of you, when I asked.

But it’s easy now to disbelieve
‘all that silly superstition’
when you’re walking around well.


Written for #decemberwitch 6 on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!