We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

14.5.23

Mercury Retrograde

I never paid much attention to it before, felt unaffected. This time, I’m strangely conscious of it, instinctively delaying important communications. Instead I’m inert, and in between escapist reading I seem to be doing some kind of life review, many scenes from the past arising in memory, spontaneously – and also playing out, with new conclusions, in dreams. Am I unconsciously expecting death? I’m 83, I know time must run out, but I feel alive enough.

immersing myself
in reading, in fantasy –
am I just lazy?

I check the finishing date (today) and find other details I never bothered to learn before.

It doesn’t always affect every sign. (Ah!) This time it particularly affects the fixed signs, which include mine. (Aha!)  It can be a time of reflecting on the past, but only if something there is unresolved. (Hmm.) It is not necessarily a bad thing; it can be peaceful, useful, time out for recharging. (OK.)

dead loves awaken –
to be filed away at last
or fully revived?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!