We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

16.6.19

Appearances


At 'imaginary garden with real toads', Magaly asks us to play with randomised word lists in the Exquisite Corpse Solitaire mini challenge, which gave me –

Appearances

Chubby night wills the unsightly year
into a dazzling group, vexing skinny people
with chubby coffee cast short of a place.

A flabby hand casts the unsightly state – as a 
glamorous book lives quaintly in the world,
or as an attractive book looks in an unkempt state.

And a bald eye will scruffy the word
‘beautiful’ as fact, feeling it a muscular problem –
as a fancy fact feels in an unkempt year.

12 comments:

  1. I am sooo jealous! You got all the yummy alliteration--I love the sound of "fancy fact feels". The first stanza makes the perfect introduction. We see the place and the people... we are readied before we see the flabby hands. My favorite line: And a bald eye will scruffy the world". I love the promised mayhem.

    Thanks so much for playing with poetry and me, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness this is an absolute delight, Rosemary!❤️ I love how your poem rolls off my tongue and the sound in "as a fancy fact feels," You've got me longing for coffee now. *swooon*❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BRAVO! So well done. I didnt know we could use a word more than once. Your poem is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used what the randomiser gave me, in that order, and was wishing it had not done the repetitions! But, as one of my 'Goddess' friends always says, 'We go with what we are given'.

      Delete
  4. You aced this ... I struggled with it. Great job, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job bending these words to your will. There's a playfulness inhabiting it that goes beyond the randomness of the word generator. I found myself pondering what makes a thing beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am impressed. If one reads this and just lets it settle (not overthink it) it is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the case with all our randomly generated pieces.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done, Rosemary. Did you bribe the Randomizer? And you ended it with fact feelings. I never knew.
    Good Job
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! many problems are muscular I find...

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!