We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

4.2.22

Cat Gogyoshi




HUMIDITY CAT


All day she sleeps –

collapsed, a limp rag.

She wakes only to eat.

In cool night she prowls

glaring out windows.


18/1/22


















COVID CAT


In times of distance 

and staying home,

our warm cuddles

meet my need for touch –

and, her purrs tell me, hers.


27/1/22





















CUDDLE CAT


After my long day out

she runs to greet me,

leaping for joy

straight into my arms,

nestling for hugs.


30/1/22



No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!