We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

7.5.21

Her Garden

Her Garden

for Linda Lyberg



her shadow moves

through the slow video

of her garden


her abundant garden

greens the desert’s edge


her little dog

down the end of the path

runs to meet her


though the camera blanks

I can still see them there




(in response to a video posted on facebook)


This looks like a renga, because I thought it worked better with the verse breaks as they are shown – but it was all written by one person (me) and is really a two-tanka sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!