We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

21.10.21

Senryu Morning


Senryu Morning


damn bird

wakes me early –

the old bones ache


*********


noisy bird

wakes me – or is it

the bladder?


*********


shrill bird

wakes me – or the cat

scratching?



#########



damp morning –

huge bird poo

on my driveway


*********


out my door –

wet ground grey sky

silence



No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!