We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

28.6.23

So Here We Are Again

So here we are again, two days away 

from that month, that anniversary,

your unforgotten death. 


I should have known.

But I have other reasons, this year, 

for thinking of you so constantly.


Forty and more years later

and I’ve written the story. It’s a book.

It’s about to be published.


I’m immersed in all the preparations.

Yet today I found myself lingering

on that chapter, about getting the news


and then some others, about love. 

Well, it’s all about love, really. Always was.

Fucking fated, I tell you!


That we met. And all the rest.

(Don’t you tell me

I won’t love you always!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!