We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

16.2.21

Haiku on Friday and Tanka on Tuesday – Back story

Haiku on Friday and Tanka on Tuesday – Back story


In December 2020 I finally retired and archived the groups 'Haiku on Friday' and 'Tanka on Tuesday' which I began in 2006 on MySpace and continued on facebook (where, despite the names, it was easier to let people post any and every day).

For most of that time my friend (and mutually-adopted brother) Phillip Barker was my co-host. After he died in June 2019, I found I lost the heart to continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!