We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

26.3.18

Things I Must Not Say


Things I Must Not Say

He shows me the poem
with which he hopes to persuade
a beautiful young woman
to fall into his embrace.

It's hilarious,
even a bit frightening
as he threatens, I mean promises 
to explode with violent passion.

How can I tell him –
what she really wants is someone 
who doesn't think his dick will drop off 
if he does the dishes?

10 comments:

  1. Lol. I cant tell you how much i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha oh but we should!!๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!!! Nice one, Rosemary :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Rosemary...I'll be grinning all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a hoot!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha... I think I've learned that... I wonder if poetry about making the dishes could help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Nice one Rosemary

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I've been searching for it in these poetic suds ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what she really wants is someone
    who doesn't think his dick will drop off
    if he does the dishes?

    Yes, it is not a sissy thing to do! Very brave take Rosemary!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!