We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

18.7.19

Summer Love #11: Heatwave



Heatwave


after the summer heat
raindrops kissing my naked body
Ah! that coolness

© Chevrefeuille



At Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, we are asked to create a troiku from the above source haiku. Here is mine:



after the summer heat

we replace first one blanket
move closer together

            ******

raindrops kissing my naked body

my skin tautens in anticipation
I imagine your touch

            ******


Ah! that coolness

the soft breeze in our hair
as we dance

21 comments:

  1. These are perfection. Cool idea using a line each from the parent haiku to create three new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is wonderful, Rosemary!💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is glorious..a real feast for the senses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm...snapshots of loving. There's a lovely anticipation built into all three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Let my imagination run wild. Delightful troiku Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you've expanded the anticipation. And looking forward to blanket season, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely to read and beautiflly inspired by the first haiku. Ah, that coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was cute and sweet. Nice poem, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm grinning like a lunatic right now. I love these glimpses into a healthy relationship with others and with self. I read them aloud to my Piano Man. And, oh dear, the look on his face... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful. I for one can hardly wait for cold weather to be here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your creativity. These are all precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun take off on a line or three. Definitely, the weather makes a third partner in every close and sensual situation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know i am a romantic so this troiku, hugs me
    Thank you for droppibg by my sumie Sunday today

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the direction you went in with Chevrefeuille's haiku. These are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah, delightful! and a bit naughty too. the scenes seem to move seamlessly from one haiku to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marvellous! You painted a lovers' scene in a few words. :)

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!