We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

1.3.21

Also a Path – Micropoems in February (2021)

Also a Path
Micropoems in February (2021)















my ocean

the great blue Pacific

is also a path


#haiku


12/2/21



piercing –

that moment of pain

for dead loves

this Valentine’s Day 

then I recall the joy


#tanka


14/2/21



during COVID

Moon Calendar quietly

gets two years old


#senryu


16/2/21



sneezing

I get out the bedsox —

high summer!

#senryu


17/2/21



You may live to 200

while appearing 30,

said the angel.


But I thought I’d become

more and more lonely 

for old friends; I declined.

#American sentences x2 arranged as verse.


21/2/21



When the kids

were swift and mischievous

I Dalek-spoke

‘Exterminate! Exterminate!’

They merely rolled their eyes.


#kyoka


21/2/21





No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!