We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

4.4.22

Opening

For the April 'poem a day' challenge this year, I'm writing haibun to explore and reflect on my new Tarot deck, Forests of Enchantment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Usually called Priestess, or even High Priestess, here her name is The Wisewoman. Either way, she’s me. Servant of the Goddess, conduit to/from Source, interpreter of the Divine to humanity, obliged to tell Truth to those who come seeking. 


If no-one is asking, she need not say a word. If those who ask don’t like what they hear, don’t believe it, or don’t understand it – not her concern.


I do it with crystal ball and Tarot cards. But I have used the runes, the coins … I have even made my own oracles with cards or stones.


This wise woman sits at the edge of the trees. On the mat on the ground before her are sticks and feathers, stones and seeds – things I am always scavenging.


In the picture, she even looks a bit like me. Her clothes are blue and purple. Her necklace is amber and jet.


Seers have told me they see the white light, like a pipeline, connecting me to the pure Source of the information I’m given. 


Most people see me just like this image here – plump, white-haired, kind-faced, a bit dreamy, a little bit weird but harmless. 


LOL


close to trees 

I feel power and calm –

deep silence









No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!