We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

3.4.22

Threshhold

For the April 'poem a day' challenge this year, I'm writing haibun to explore and reflect on my new Tarot deck, Forests of Enchantment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~


It’s April again, month of the Fool. For some it’s a month of poetry, a poem a day. 


We are setting out on a new journey. 


My new Tarot is called Forest of Enchantment.


The card of The Fool shows a white hart. He stands at the edge of the leafy forest, gazing straight at me, unafraid … inviting?


This year in particular, taking the first step forward is not easy.


war and plague

and spreading flood –

silent birds























I'm catching up a couple of days late with April Poem A Day. Using my own prompts this time: cards from my new Tarot deck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!