We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

29.4.20

Breathless

Breathless

Tense but expectant
that moment before
lift-off, 
the thrill before the thrill

(pause
clench
gather –
almost burst)

just before you detach, 
weightless, unbound, 
expanded, 
and soar.


















Written for April 2020 Day 29 at 'imaginary garden with real toads': 
This Is (Almost) The End, where we are invited to write of the moment before an ending; and  for #aprilwitchcraft Day 29 on Instagram: Flight (to accompany the photo).

(Perhaps this reads more like the moment before a beginning? Depends. The witch's broom might be a clue.)

12 comments:

  1. Ah, I suddenly realized what this flight was about when I saw your broom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone did! I suppose you'd have to be in the know, and not so many people would be.

      Delete
  2. You’ve captured the moment, Rosemary, between the opening ‘tense’ and the closing ‘soar’.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its the feral circle, is it not? I read this like a great breath before the next thrilling leap. A very important moment - Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly would leave one breathless, Rosemary!💘 Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To let go and fly, what a wonderful experience❣️❣️🌹🙏

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'd love to soar... I have plenty of people who say I ride a broom, but I've never mastered it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, Rosemary. I was on the rocket, Rosemary, until.i too found the broom. Witches don't need rockets, their flying uses levitation physics which I don't understand.
    ..

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!