We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

30.4.20

Found poems from 'apostrophe'.

Found Poems from 'apostrophe'

Looking at the blog 'apostrophe', poetry by online friend 'Ellecee', I suddenly perceived that her archived list of titles made a series of 'found' micropoems. With her permission, here are those I perceived, with capital letters (traditional for titles) changed to lower case. (The poem I was reading when I noticed this is about taking a hot shower. I thought my first piece here was another way to describe that, and felt it needed a title of its own. It's not meant as a title for the whole series.)



Hot Shower

affusion
on my own
thermals
cabined

***

decisions
a parable
the plan

***

gift
delayed
warmth
remains

***

tales out of school
invisible 
voices

***

reflection
so be it

***

oblivious
fertility
tears laid waste

***

lament
annihilation
concurrent

***

a rake
my can’t

***

this Spring
streets
entrances


(Some work better than others. I wasn't going to use them all, but in the end I did, if only to show the glorious serendipity. I like best #3, #4 and #9.)

To be shared via Writers' Pantry #18 at Poets and Storytellers United. 

16 comments:

  1. reflection
    so be it - love this one especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I certainly agree with 3, whilst 4 is something we just have to admit getting to a certain age! Well they are all good but I'll come back later to see what others have noted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t created a found poem in ages, Rosemary, what a great idea! ‘Hot Shower’ is brilliant. I also like the delayed warmth of the gift and the tales out of school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite short form is haiku. To me, succinct is always best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magical collection - like collecting little pearls of wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite: gift
    delayed
    warmth
    remains

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favourites are #2, #3 and 9. They are all wonderful and speak clearly to so many emotions. Thank you so much for taking such a close look at Apostrophe🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job finding the titles and stringing them together like a strand of pearls. The third speaks to me the most, given everything the world is going through right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea, the found poem. You found a goodie, I enjoyed Ellecee's poetry during the 30 days of April. Yours too, of course, old friend you are.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. A rake really stands out to me here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv...

    decisions
    a parable
    a plan

    to me it makes a spritual statement about the present pandemic

    Happy Sunday Rosemary

    Much💛🌺💛love

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely gorgeous, Rosemary!💘 I especially resonate with; "gift delayed/warmth remains."

    ReplyDelete
  13. My imagination points to #4 as invisible voices telling tales out of school. Personal experience, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an intriguing example of found poetry. (First it led me to the dictionary to find the meaning of affusion!). Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never attempted found poetry because I somehow thought it difficult to do. But you have come up with a cool collection. I especially like 5, there are so many directions one can go with that reflection.

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!